SB 1476 is for rare cases, Leno argues, like that...
In response to:
I second that. Remember when raising a child meant a mother and father and a house with a picket fence, and dog.....whoa. Too much in the past. Maybe we could just get back to the basics and start with mother and father. We need to uncomplicate things. There's no stability anymore. Too much on the adult, not enough on the kids an family.
State Sen. Mark Leno wants California to recognize that a child can have "more than two legal parents." So he wrote a bill, SB 1476, which, he argues, wouldn't change the definition of a parent -- for example, live-in lovers would not qualify -- but would allow family court to recognize more than two parents only "when it is required to be in the best interest of the child." He stresses that if the bill becomes law, "none of our sponsors or supporters believe that this authority will be used very often."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 13 hours ago