It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
I was thinking this morning, what steps have to be achieved if someone wants to destroy a great country? You have to destroy its value system by cheapening the popular culture; make language and meaning ambiguous and imprecise; make the belief in G-d or a higher power something that “intelligent, modern, sophisticated” people make fun of and abhor; take away the various holidays that have formed some kind of cultural cohesion and cause for celebration; lower the standards in education by teaching everything except the basics; make it something shameful to be rich or have more than others; take competition out and replace it with “cooperation” and group think rather than individual ambition; there are more, I’m sure – but it’s all happening
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014