It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
I was thinking this morning, what steps have to be achieved if someone wants to destroy a great country? You have to destroy its value system by cheapening the popular culture; make language and meaning ambiguous and imprecise; make the belief in G-d or a higher power something that “intelligent, modern, sophisticated” people make fun of and abhor; take away the various holidays that have formed some kind of cultural cohesion and cause for celebration; lower the standards in education by teaching everything except the basics; make it something shameful to be rich or have more than others; take competition out and replace it with “cooperation” and group think rather than individual ambition; there are more, I’m sure – but it’s all happening
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 13 minutes ago
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago