We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
I hadn't heard that, but with No Child Left Behind mandating that everyone be equal or face penalties, dumbing the top down is more likely to succeed than educating the uneducable. We are doomed.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago