We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
On the contrary, the PISA results show that American schools are doing remarkably well given the inputs with which they must work - Asian Americans outperform the entire world save the Shanghai district - White Americans outperform all of Europe save Finland - Hispanic Americans outperform all of Central & South America Correlate these results with the 1965 immigration act that Ted Kennedy assured us wouldn't change the demographics of the 90% White America.
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago