Of all the misguided, corrupt and deranged ideas floating around inside the D.C. bubble, perhaps the single worst one is giving illegal aliens amnesty as part of some sort of attempt to capture the Hispanic vote. If the GOP were to pursue a policy that primarily benefits corrupt business owners, the government of Mexico, and Democrats at the expense of our country and our own base, we'd truly deserve the "Stupid Party" moniker that has so often been hung around our neck. This policy wouldn't be a calculated risk or even a longshot; it would be a game of Russian Roulette...
You're right. Mark Levin reminded us yesterday on his radio program of a little history. Two years after Reagan granted amnesty to 3 million illegals, Dukakis captured 70% of the Hispanic vote. Assuming Republicans go along with amnesty, which I have no doubt they will, the Democrats will claim all the credit for it and Republicans will get zilch--despite some Republicans' efforts to claim that the Hispanic vote is a better fit with the Republicans on social issues and that they'll vote with us. The "joke" that they aren't illegal, just unregistered Democrats, is truer than the Republicans want to admit, but they will cave because they are a bunch of weenies, desperate to go along to get along and avoid the obstructionist/racist tag.
- Coercive fines, national security, and the Death Star Ed Morrissey 11 mins ago
- McCain to Rand Paul: Have you ever been to Syria and met with ISIS like I have? Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Sure sounds like Mike Huckabee is thinking of running for president Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news: On taxes, the US beats France, Portugal, and … that’s about it Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago