Of all the misguided, corrupt and deranged ideas floating around inside the D.C. bubble, perhaps the single worst one is giving illegal aliens amnesty as part of some sort of attempt to capture the Hispanic vote. If the GOP were to pursue a policy that primarily benefits corrupt business owners, the government of Mexico, and Democrats at the expense of our country and our own base, we'd truly deserve the "Stupid Party" moniker that has so often been hung around our neck. This policy wouldn't be a calculated risk or even a longshot; it would be a game of Russian Roulette...
You're right. Mark Levin reminded us yesterday on his radio program of a little history. Two years after Reagan granted amnesty to 3 million illegals, Dukakis captured 70% of the Hispanic vote. Assuming Republicans go along with amnesty, which I have no doubt they will, the Democrats will claim all the credit for it and Republicans will get zilch--despite some Republicans' efforts to claim that the Hispanic vote is a better fit with the Republicans on social issues and that they'll vote with us. The "joke" that they aren't illegal, just unregistered Democrats, is truer than the Republicans want to admit, but they will cave because they are a bunch of weenies, desperate to go along to get along and avoid the obstructionist/racist tag.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 10 hours ago