Of all the misguided, corrupt and deranged ideas floating around inside the D.C. bubble, perhaps the single worst one is giving illegal aliens amnesty as part of some sort of attempt to capture the Hispanic vote. If the GOP were to pursue a policy that primarily benefits corrupt business owners, the government of Mexico, and Democrats at the expense of our country and our own base, we'd truly deserve the "Stupid Party" moniker that has so often been hung around our neck. This policy wouldn't be a calculated risk or even a longshot; it would be a game of Russian Roulette...
You're right. Mark Levin reminded us yesterday on his radio program of a little history. Two years after Reagan granted amnesty to 3 million illegals, Dukakis captured 70% of the Hispanic vote. Assuming Republicans go along with amnesty, which I have no doubt they will, the Democrats will claim all the credit for it and Republicans will get zilch--despite some Republicans' efforts to claim that the Hispanic vote is a better fit with the Republicans on social issues and that they'll vote with us. The "joke" that they aren't illegal, just unregistered Democrats, is truer than the Republicans want to admit, but they will cave because they are a bunch of weenies, desperate to go along to get along and avoid the obstructionist/racist tag.
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of whites say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 19 mins ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 59 mins ago
- Video: Mitt Romney takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- A Christian conundrum in conservative rhetoric? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 3 hours ago