Of all the misguided, corrupt and deranged ideas floating around inside the D.C. bubble, perhaps the single worst one is giving illegal aliens amnesty as part of some sort of attempt to capture the Hispanic vote. If the GOP were to pursue a policy that primarily benefits corrupt business owners, the government of Mexico, and Democrats at the expense of our country and our own base, we'd truly deserve the "Stupid Party" moniker that has so often been hung around our neck. This policy wouldn't be a calculated risk or even a longshot; it would be a game of Russian Roulette...
You're right. Mark Levin reminded us yesterday on his radio program of a little history. Two years after Reagan granted amnesty to 3 million illegals, Dukakis captured 70% of the Hispanic vote. Assuming Republicans go along with amnesty, which I have no doubt they will, the Democrats will claim all the credit for it and Republicans will get zilch--despite some Republicans' efforts to claim that the Hispanic vote is a better fit with the Republicans on social issues and that they'll vote with us. The "joke" that they aren't illegal, just unregistered Democrats, is truer than the Republicans want to admit, but they will cave because they are a bunch of weenies, desperate to go along to get along and avoid the obstructionist/racist tag.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014