Of all the misguided, corrupt and deranged ideas floating around inside the D.C. bubble, perhaps the single worst one is giving illegal aliens amnesty as part of some sort of attempt to capture the Hispanic vote. If the GOP were to pursue a policy that primarily benefits corrupt business owners, the government of Mexico, and Democrats at the expense of our country and our own base, we'd truly deserve the "Stupid Party" moniker that has so often been hung around our neck. This policy wouldn't be a calculated risk or even a longshot; it would be a game of Russian Roulette...
You're right. Mark Levin reminded us yesterday on his radio program of a little history. Two years after Reagan granted amnesty to 3 million illegals, Dukakis captured 70% of the Hispanic vote. Assuming Republicans go along with amnesty, which I have no doubt they will, the Democrats will claim all the credit for it and Republicans will get zilch--despite some Republicans' efforts to claim that the Hispanic vote is a better fit with the Republicans on social issues and that they'll vote with us. The "joke" that they aren't illegal, just unregistered Democrats, is truer than the Republicans want to admit, but they will cave because they are a bunch of weenies, desperate to go along to get along and avoid the obstructionist/racist tag.
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 29 minutes ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Biofuels producers: No really, this is the year biofuels are going to take off, for serious Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Why not Mike Pence in 2016? Allahpundit 3 hours ago