That depends on your definition of "what 'is' is." "Militia" as defined by an 19th century dictionary versus a redefined version that lays at the desk of a 21st century ACLU lawyer. Two exact opposite meanings. Naturally those that want "militia" to mean the state guard have leverage to use the new definition to take down the 2nd amendment. But the orginal version of militia meant the "militia" was the aggregate of men trained in the use of weapons. The malicious reinterpretaion is just part of the war of words.Liberals and antigun fans prefer that we too use their definitions not the definition used during the Independence era..
On Christmas Eve, seven people were shot in the city of Chicago. The media made little mention of the shootings, since they're now routine in Chicago -- the city has seen some 500 shootings in 2012 alone. The vast majority of the shooters are black, and the vast majority of the victims are black. Many of the victims are under the age of 18: Anton Sanders, 15, shot on Jan. 20; Deshun Winfert, 15, shot on Feb. 5; Damion Rolle, 14, shot on Feb. 21; George Howard and Albert Guyton, both 15, shot on Feb. 27 and Feb. 28; the list...
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 36 mins ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- In two New York districts, two trouncings to warm your heart Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- TSA confiscates a toy ray-gun belt buckle. Because security. Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Oh my: Plurality of Republicans think Mitt Romney should run for president Allahpundit 12 hours ago