That depends on your definition of "what 'is' is." "Militia" as defined by an 19th century dictionary versus a redefined version that lays at the desk of a 21st century ACLU lawyer. Two exact opposite meanings. Naturally those that want "militia" to mean the state guard have leverage to use the new definition to take down the 2nd amendment. But the orginal version of militia meant the "militia" was the aggregate of men trained in the use of weapons. The malicious reinterpretaion is just part of the war of words.Liberals and antigun fans prefer that we too use their definitions not the definition used during the Independence era..
On Christmas Eve, seven people were shot in the city of Chicago. The media made little mention of the shootings, since they're now routine in Chicago -- the city has seen some 500 shootings in 2012 alone. The vast majority of the shooters are black, and the vast majority of the victims are black. Many of the victims are under the age of 18: Anton Sanders, 15, shot on Jan. 20; Deshun Winfert, 15, shot on Feb. 5; Damion Rolle, 14, shot on Feb. 21; George Howard and Albert Guyton, both 15, shot on Feb. 27 and Feb. 28; the list...
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 31 mins ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago