The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
I listened to LaPierre yesterday on Meet the Press with an open mind. LaPierre is correct. We need to protect people with armed authority while getting the authorities to enforce existing laws. LaPierre's citing of the lack of prosecutions and convictions for offenders of existing laws, giving facts to expose the lack of enforcing existing laws, was eye-opening. Authorities are not doing their jobs enforcing existing laws. This includes our immigration laws. Why? Corruption? And who is to say that armed authorities need to be in uniform? They can be other than law enforcement or law enforcement in plain clothes.
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 27 minutes ago
- “A**holes”: Turns out Lois Lerner’s not a fan of conservative talk radio or its listeners Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- AP poll: 52% say border kids fleeing gang violence shouldn’t be treated as refugees Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- As Jews flee Europe, the sneering media admonished again Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Rebound: Q2 GDP hits 4% Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Americans unhappy with how Obama has managed the conflict in Gaza Noah Rothman 3 hours ago