Speaker John Boehner has proposed allowing tax rates to rise for the wealthiest Americans if President Barack Obama agrees to major entitlement cuts, according to several sources close to the talks. It is the first time Boehner has offered any boost in marginal tax rates for any income group, and it would represent a major concession for the Ohio Republican. Boehner suggested hiking...
In response to:
It doesnjt matter how much money they print, it all adds up to the same amount: whatever it is that backs that PAPER. (In our case, gold) if you ever wondered why the dollar has lost 95% of its value since 1913 it's because they keep printing more. And who is it that suffers? Those who were forced by the government to give up their real world assets. (In our case, the American people who had their gold confiscated by the government in order to give the dollar value) I hate to break it to you but that's what people mean when they inflation. And FYI, the US no longer prints money, our debt is now going to the Federal Reserve. Want proof? Grab an old bill and compare it to a new bill (the ones with all the security features).
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough: Glenn Beck is following Jesus’s playbook in providing humanitarian aid to young illegals Allahpundit 9 hours ago