As Obama stood next to the world's most recognized democracy icon, he mispronounced her name repeatedly. Ever gracious, Suu Kyi did not correct her American guest for calling her Aung YAN Suu Kyi multiple times during his statement to reporters after their meeting. Proper pronunciation for the Nobel laureate's name is Ahng Sahn Soo Chee. The meeting came after Obama met with Myanmar's reformist new President Thein Sein - a name he also botched. As the two addressed the media, Obama called his counterpart "President Sein," an awkward,...
Haven't gotten over the election yet, I see, Little Benson. So, your boy didn't win. Mine didn't, either. You need to grow up. There are important and serious things going on. You might be gratified if you provoked discussion on one of those topics.
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 12 mins ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Fox poll shows majority of likely voters support ground troops against ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Gray Lady reporter very confused as to why Republicans don’t want the President to be attacked Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago