For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
Drop the blaming of Evangelicals. More whites votes in 2008 than in 2012. Why was that? Who gave the country away in 2008 when I was begging people on TH to vote for McCain just to keep Obama out of the WH. All I heard then was they had do vote their 'principles' or were going to 'teach the GOP a lesson.' I have a pretty good idea of why people didn't vote and it didn't have a thing to do with religion.
- Brave cat jumps from fiery collapsing building, saves no one but himself Mary Katharine Ham 21 mins ago
- D.C. cabs companies blame ride-sharing for loss of revenue Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Jim Webb: I’m seriously thinking of running for president as a Democrat Allahpundit 3 hours ago