That revelation, which was greeted with a ho-hum by the media, basically announced that by 2033, 21 years from now, the so-called Social Security trust fund will be empty. The only reason this was even announced is because we are approaching a presidential election campaign, and...
In 1979 I argued the Federal Government didn't have the power to operate a retirement program; prohibited by the 10th amendment. Obviously, it fell on deaf ears. In fact, I was told specifically that I will pay the tax and I didn't have a choice in the matter. The only way I could not pay the tax was to not work. Every payday since, I felt the knife stick in my back and twist. I endured the pain and made my own retirement program. Now I am collecting my meager rations from the program and now they want to call it an "ENTITLEMENT." As you can prob'ly expect, that goes over like a "fart-in-church." But I collect it and spend it on whatever I choose knowing full well, I paid for it.
When Texas Gov. Rick Perry, then in the early stages of his short-lived quest for the Republican presidential nomination, referred to Social Security as "a Ponzi scheme," he was excoriated by the press, left and right, and by his fellow Republicans, as well. Earlier this week, government actuaries revealed that Perry was correct.
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown Allahpundit 3 hours ago