And so it came, the coup de grace. The final "barrier" to "opportunities" for women in combat is no more. With a stroke of their pens, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin E. Dempsey decreed that no battlefield mission or military role is off-limits to the female sex. The defense secretary and the general thus liberated mothers, daughters, sisters and wives to kill and be killed in the infantry, commando raids, even in Obama administration "overseas contingency operations." In so doing, they also slashed away at that last institutional protection for the space that separates men...
Our experiment, too, will end, just as soon as feminist ideology collides with a half-way competent military opponent. Unfortunately, a lot of brave young American men--and not a few brave young women--will have to pay the price of disproving yet another hair-brained progressive theory. And the blame will lie with the politicians who proposed it, and the craven military leaders who rolled over rather than risk their careers standing against it.
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 32 mins ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- AP: CIA given stand-down order in Europe Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Provokatsiya: Russia captures NATO allied Lithuania’s ship in international waters Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 3 hours ago