Having the power, fame, and luxuries that accompany today's Congress is so attractive that not only do charlatans seek election, but after a few years in office even the good guys go into self-protection mode. Do anything - or don't do anything - in order to stay in office. Cruz is one of only two or three guys risking their careers to Do the Right Thing, and I hope that they will be rewarded with success by the country's growing (now 68%) dissatisfaction with Congress. And speaking of Doing the Right Thing, it's high time for a statesman to shame Congress into term limits.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago