Businesses, as well as most nonprofit enterprises, by law are required to produce financial statements that include all of their present and expected future liabilities. On top of that, they are...
Yes, that's exactly right. All Republicans are rich, and all rich are Republicans. They invented the concept of capital gains solely to rip off the kind decent, hard-working people who vote for Obama. What's worse, the Republicans are dirty enough to trick high-minded Democrats into keeping the capital-gains tax rate low, such as when in 1996 Clinton halved the rate he inherited from Bush I. And we are certain that Romney paid no income taxes, despite his published tax returns, because Senator Harry Reid himself said so. Everyone in the IRS is a rich Republican operative. How else do you think the Republicans get away with saying that the highest 10% of earners pay 40% of income taxes when Joe Biden himself has told us that's a lie?
Is there any reason for today's Americans to care about what happens to tomorrow's Americans? After all, what have tomorrow's Americans done for today's Americans? Moreover, since tomorrow's Americans don't vote, we can dump on them with impunity. That's a vision that describes the actual behavior of today's Americans. It would be seen as selfish, callous and ruthless only if it were actually articulated. Let's look at it.
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 32 mins ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Fox News primetime hits record high ratings, MSNBC falls to record lows Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Marquette poll: Walker now leads outside the margin of error, tops 50 percent support Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- The new New Math: Byzantine subtraction in Common Core Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Wow: WH says it learned about the Secret Service’s security breach in the CDC elevator … yesterday Allahpundit 3 hours ago