Businesses, as well as most nonprofit enterprises, by law are required to produce financial statements that include all of their present and expected future liabilities. On top of that, they are...
Yes, that's exactly right. All Republicans are rich, and all rich are Republicans. They invented the concept of capital gains solely to rip off the kind decent, hard-working people who vote for Obama. What's worse, the Republicans are dirty enough to trick high-minded Democrats into keeping the capital-gains tax rate low, such as when in 1996 Clinton halved the rate he inherited from Bush I. And we are certain that Romney paid no income taxes, despite his published tax returns, because Senator Harry Reid himself said so. Everyone in the IRS is a rich Republican operative. How else do you think the Republicans get away with saying that the highest 10% of earners pay 40% of income taxes when Joe Biden himself has told us that's a lie?
Is there any reason for today's Americans to care about what happens to tomorrow's Americans? After all, what have tomorrow's Americans done for today's Americans? Moreover, since tomorrow's Americans don't vote, we can dump on them with impunity. That's a vision that describes the actual behavior of today's Americans. It would be seen as selfish, callous and ruthless only if it were actually articulated. Let's look at it.
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago