It's common knowledge that public schools, especially urban schools, are bad and doing nothing to improve. This image itself is a feedback system that inherently makes the system worse because it is so bad to start with. What student will to try to excel when he knows that a large percentage of students choose to drop out of school, and those that don't are ill-prepared to prosper in the real world? What parent will try to better his child's school when he knows that teachers and principals are better off when they please the education bureaucracy instead of parents? Like any system under distant political control, public education has rotted on the vine and should be reborn with consumers (parents and children) calling the shots.
- Climate change so important that cable news ignored Obama’s UN speech Noah Rothman 23 mins ago
- Bill O’Reilly: Why not raise a 25,000-man global mercenary army to fight ISIS? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Semi-retired president now saluting Marines with coffee in hand Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: MNsure renewal process nonexistent Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Pentagon: ‘Years’ of war ahead in Syria and Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Carson: “Likelihood is strong” that I’ll run for President in 2016 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago