In communist countries, like China, Cuba, and Russia, those legions are known as "party members". Party members are given the best housing, jobs, medical care, etc. as a reward for their support of an autocratic leadership. That's why those countries have peasants, and we don't - yet. You can see the development of a super-class of highly partisan government workers - teachers, civil servants, etc. - in places like Detroit and NYC. The ramifications are clear, and they are not good for the rest of us. It may be subconscious, but support for Cruz stems from the feeling we all get from watching failing societies.
- Merry Christmas! Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- U.S. offering $5 million reward for Al Qaeda capo … who was released from Gitmo in 2006 Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Sony to make “The Interview” available online beginning at 1 p.m. ET Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Pelosi to Boehner: Force Grimm to resign over tax-evasion conviction Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- ISIS shoots down coalition warplane, captures pilot Noah Rothman 20 hours ago