Of all the misguided, corrupt and deranged ideas floating around inside the D.C. bubble, perhaps the single worst one is giving illegal aliens amnesty as part of some sort of attempt to capture the Hispanic vote. If the GOP were to pursue a policy that primarily benefits corrupt business owners, the government of Mexico, and Democrats at the expense of our country and our own base, we'd truly deserve the "Stupid Party" moniker that has so often been hung around our neck. This policy wouldn't be a calculated risk or even a longshot; it would be a game of Russian Roulette...
dread, Nowhere did I say anything about my one vote. I can only assume that you jumped to that conclusion because in your haste to comment you had no time for facts or reason. Let me spell it out more slowly: The Repub/conservative fixation on unachievable immigration policy is part of a strategy that is costing it input on other, more important issues by alienating multiple small groups of voters. I don't like that consequence, but no one asked me. I'd be the first to demand adherence to principle, but what principle is threatened? And don't tell me that "every illegal immigrant is a criminal" [duh] because so is every speeder and jaywalker - but we're not all in a sweat to get rid of them.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago