The poor are poor, generally speaking, because of a history of bad decision making. In North Georgia it's not unusual to see an expensive TV Dish and trampoline in a yard with a beat up trailer for a house. The lower class has different priorities. No amount of money thrown at this class of people, black, white, whatever - is going to change their mentality, so why not spend the money on decent museums that teach us about our culture and ourselves? I have no problem with Detroit selling off the art from their museums since the 47% illiterates never step foot inside museums and they won't miss what they've never appreciated in the first place.
- Just a reminder: Lindsey Graham’s probably going to get reelected Allahpundit 32 minutes ago
- Tom Steyer: I am absolutely nothing at all like the Koch brothers Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: AFP launches ObamaCare attacks on four vulnerable Senate Dems Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- DoJ guidelines on Obama drug-war clemency: 10 years in prison minimum Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul on abortion: “We’re not changing any of the laws until the country is persuaded otherwise” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Feds bust prep-school drug ring Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago