I've never seen the White House Press Corps so exasperated with Obama during their daily briefing. Poor Jay Carney took the hits and stuck to his guns although I'm sure he wished he could have just broke the news that his boss had fully "evolved" into a pro-gay marriage supporter. The press tells Carney here to "stop dancing" and "you can't have it both ways." Indeed, but having it both ways has worked so far for President Obama.
In response to:
Hey, like many Americans -- I don't think Obama fully supports gay marriage. Myself, I'm comfortable with gay couples receiving SOME PERCENTAGE of bereavement & spousal benefits -- based on their partnership. If one dies, the other one's sad. Fair enough. But the full 100% is for child-bearing, and that's not applicable. Politically, it's not wise for him to take some 'pot-shot' position. All people want to do, is find a reason to chuck rocks. But there has to be a sensible middle ground. This is Romney's kind of approach, too.
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 37 mins ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 4 hours ago