I've never seen the White House Press Corps so exasperated with Obama during their daily briefing. Poor Jay Carney took the hits and stuck to his guns although I'm sure he wished he could have just broke the news that his boss had fully "evolved" into a pro-gay marriage supporter. The press tells Carney here to "stop dancing" and "you can't have it both ways." Indeed, but having it both ways has worked so far for President Obama.
In response to:
Hey, like many Americans -- I don't think Obama fully supports gay marriage. Myself, I'm comfortable with gay couples receiving SOME PERCENTAGE of bereavement & spousal benefits -- based on their partnership. If one dies, the other one's sad. Fair enough. But the full 100% is for child-bearing, and that's not applicable. Politically, it's not wise for him to take some 'pot-shot' position. All people want to do, is find a reason to chuck rocks. But there has to be a sensible middle ground. This is Romney's kind of approach, too.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 17 hours ago