1 - 9
This move is a tacit admission that Obama's policy initiatives for the remainder of his failed presidency are kaput. They will stuff the judiciary with liberal judges because it is all they can do now. When tyrants see that their territory is shrinking, what do they do? They burn the oil fields.

Stupidity Laws Could Have Stopped Obama

stout77 Wrote: May 22, 2012 10:25 PM
Venture capital provides 90% of all start-up investment dollars in the U.S. I guess we should only borrow from bailed-out publicly-traded banks who borrowed taxpayer dollars at 0% and now, if you have perfect credit and 30-40% down, will loan it back at 6-7%. On top of that, the biggest bailout recipient might have gotten caught with their hand in the cookie jar: http://wp.me/p2pfca-7Q You won't ever see a private equity firm coming hat in hand to the government for a bailout, I can assure you. Best I can tell, Obama is banking on his supporters not bothering to learn what private equity is. Now that's a safe bet.

Making Life Fair

stout77 Wrote: May 16, 2012 12:26 PM
Yes, let's mold our legal framework around abstract notions that have about 312 million definitions in this country. People tend to be pretty generous when they have disposable income; it is the interventionists who have a cold, bleak worldview. www.fiscalwars.wordpress.com
Funny, Paul Krugman has a column today citing human weakness as a reason for government intervention. Free Blago!! www.fiscalwars.wordpress.com

Chameleon Nation

stout77 Wrote: May 12, 2012 6:47 AM
"And if so, who administers this odious Jim Crow one-drop DNA test, and how?" 'The Secretary of Health and Human Services shall, at her discretion, administer the odious Jim Crow one-drop DNA test.' Keep up Doc, it's written by very smart people right there on page 2,238 of the Affordable Care Act.

Two Prime Ministers, Two Americas

stout77 Wrote: May 12, 2012 4:16 AM
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana Excellent article guys. 72 years is yesterday in the big scheme of things, and progressives are just as reticent to stand up to fascism today as they were in 1940. Israel knows better than to expect different results and they have a statesman that can lead them through whatever lies ahead. I wish I could say the same about my country. www.fiscalwars.wordpress.com

Where Did Black Parents Go Right?

stout77 Wrote: Apr 21, 2012 8:22 PM
I didn't see where he blamed white people at all - that was what I found so refreshing about the article. We also have to realize that Dr. Jackson is among the few who are courageous enough to write this article as a black person. Lastly, there are built-in advantages in our society to being white that we need to recognize before any progress can be made in terms of race relations. The goal should be to eliminate that advantage by simply having one standard. Slavery was an abomination and regardless of who sold who way back when, it does still have some residual effects in the black community. Of course, affirmative action and the corresponding sense of entitlement has gone a long way towards keeping those effects alive and well.

Where Did Black Parents Go Right?

stout77 Wrote: Apr 21, 2012 8:02 PM
They're getting worse at hiding it too.

Where Did Black Parents Go Right?

stout77 Wrote: Apr 21, 2012 8:02 PM
Thank you Dr. Jackson. I got into a debate with my extremely-liberal brother-in-law about the benefits and/or negatives of religion. As an agnostic, I argued with him that one should be able to see that a belief in something transcendent is a healthy thing for society, even if our own faith may waiver. Can't wait to see his reaction to this article. As for the black condition, I hesitate to weigh in. I'm told by the genius Toure over at Time Magazine that, due to my skin pigmentation, these good intentions I feel are either subconscious racism or a conscious attempt to hide my racism. Kinda precludes me from having a valid opinion, so I'll pass.
1 - 9