I will go along with the original meaning of *rule of thumb* if you will lay down your hypocrisy and agree that the original meaning of *endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights* should not change either. Oh, and by the way, "the expression *rule of thumb* has been recorded since 1692 and probably wasn’t new then. It meant then what it means now — some method or procedure that comes from practice or experience, without any formal basis." The State Department really should not be using Sharon Fenick's 1996 newsgroup posting on urban myths as their source; mine at World Wide Words is far more reliable.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago