Pat Nixon declared herself pro-choice after the 1973 court case Roe v. Wade, making her the first First Lady to do so. Prior to the court decision, her views on abortion were a bit more mixed. In 1972 she stated, “I'm really not for abortion. I think...
...and Mitt Romney would be the first pro-choice President since... Barack Obama.
Last week, Ann Romney proudly told the ladies of The View she is pro-life. What some may not know, is that she would be the first First Lady in the White House to defend the life of the unborn since the 1973 court decision of Roe v. Wade made abortion legal.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 11 hours ago