Pat Nixon declared herself pro-choice after the 1973 court case Roe v. Wade, making her the first First Lady to do so. Prior to the court decision, her views on abortion were a bit more mixed. In 1972 she stated, “I'm really not for abortion. I think...
...and Mitt Romney would be the first pro-choice President since... Barack Obama.
Last week, Ann Romney proudly told the ladies of The View she is pro-life. What some may not know, is that she would be the first First Lady in the White House to defend the life of the unborn since the 1973 court decision of Roe v. Wade made abortion legal.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 6 hours ago