Pat Nixon declared herself pro-choice after the 1973 court case Roe v. Wade, making her the first First Lady to do so. Prior to the court decision, her views on abortion were a bit more mixed. In 1972 she stated, “I'm really not for abortion. I think...
...and Mitt Romney would be the first pro-choice President since... Barack Obama.
Last week, Ann Romney proudly told the ladies of The View she is pro-life. What some may not know, is that she would be the first First Lady in the White House to defend the life of the unborn since the 1973 court decision of Roe v. Wade made abortion legal.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 6 hours ago