One of the major issues that various insurgent elements in the GOP has pushed for is immigration reform. President George W. Bush and 2008 GOP nominee John McCain made a major push for an immigration...
"Increased high-skilled immigration is almost universally supported by economists as a net gain for... ALL Americans." When you have 8 percent unemployment, including many high-skilled people, mind explaining HOW that makes any bloody sense!?
There has been no shortage of post-mortems after Barack Obama's sweeping victory in November's elections, but the dominant story line is that the Republican Party should focus more on how its message can empower minority groups and tailor their rhetoric toward how a GOP platform helps everyone, not just majority groups. A good example would be Mara Liasson's NPR story on the subject.
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 53 mins ago
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NYT: After six weeks of U.S. airstrikes, ISIS has “scarcely budged” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- McCain: I was pals with Mark Udall’s dad so I can’t bring myself to campaign for Cory Gardner Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Secret Service failures may expand no-walking zone around White House Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 4 hours ago