One of the major issues that various insurgent elements in the GOP has pushed for is immigration reform. President George W. Bush and 2008 GOP nominee John McCain made a major push for an immigration...
"Increased high-skilled immigration is almost universally supported by economists as a net gain for... ALL Americans." When you have 8 percent unemployment, including many high-skilled people, mind explaining HOW that makes any bloody sense!?
There has been no shortage of post-mortems after Barack Obama's sweeping victory in November's elections, but the dominant story line is that the Republican Party should focus more on how its message can empower minority groups and tailor their rhetoric toward how a GOP platform helps everyone, not just majority groups. A good example would be Mara Liasson's NPR story on the subject.
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago