Connecticut Senator Richard Blumenthal has plans to introduce a bill that if passed would require background checks on ammunition purchases. It's called the Ammunition Background Check Act and late yesterday Blumenthal took to Twitter to explain his position by posting the following graphics.
"Ammo sales need same instant background checks as guns. I'm introducing the Ammunition Background Check Act," Blumenthal wrote.
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago