What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
rmt5: I think that the Obama campaign team has been caught totally flat-footed. First of all, I think they were expecting and based their strategy on a long, drawn-out Republican primary fight: I doubt very much that they expected the Republican nominee to have been decided by now and thus that the eventual Republican candidate wouldn't have the time and resources to devote to attacking Obama this early because he'd be too busy trying to dispatch his Republican rivals first. And THEN, quite clearly, they seem to have been expecting McCain Campaign II.
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 24 minutes ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 53 minutes ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago