For example, during the 2008 election campaign, Obama 1 spoke of "opening up and creating more transparency in government," so that government spending plans would be posted on the Internet for days before they passed into legislation. After he was elected president, Obama said, "My Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level...
Kenneth L.: You asked Allison: "But assuming you are right, AFF, I still wonder why you would desire this outcome. Are you a bird who fouls its own nest? Are you just an anarchist criminal, out to make mischief for thrills?" In point of fact, she IS an anarchist criminal out to make mischief for thrills: not long ago, she admitted on this site that at a family get-together earlier this year, she put pro-Obama bumper stickers on her brother's car without his knowledge, which caused a big row with her sister-in-law when they discovered this deed.
Many voters will be comparing Mitt Romney with Barack Obama between now and election day. But what might be even more revealing would be comparing Obama with Obama. There is a big contrast between Obama based on his rhetoric ("Obama 1") and Obama based on his record ("Obama 2").
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 17 mins ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 57 mins ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago