The American people face an important choice in November. They will either re-elect President Barack Obama for another four-year term, or they will replace him with Governor Mitt Romney. Rather than recapitulate the case against a second term for the incumbent, let's scrutinize eight of the top prevailing arguments against electing his Republican challenger. Each of the following anti-Romney indictments has been advanced -- explicitly, or through surrogates -- by the president's campaign and the Democratic Party. Below you'll find my sincere attempt to address these criticisms in a balanced and honest way, even as I openly...
In response to:
OriginalDevilDog: Since you by now know well my belief on how any "Reichstag fire" is likely to end for Obama if he's psychotic enough to try going here, I say, LET him start his Reichstag fire. And we'll see at the end of the day who's still standing and who isn't - and I haven't changed my belief one iota as to who will be in which ranks on that day.
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 10 mins ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition; Update: “Poor choice of words” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago