Brush away all the rhetoric, all the vitriol, all the divisiveness from the presidential campaign. To most Americans, only one thing matters — the economy. Four years into Barack Obama’s presidency, economic growth is sputtering. Family incomes are down. Poverty is up. Business owners are reluctant to assume risk in the face of unending uncertainty. Many are holding on by their fingernails, desperate for signs of...
Speaking of polls, folks, let's prepare ourselves for one thing that is virtually certain. Repeat after me, "The exit poll will look awful. The exit polls will look awful." I hope that those of you in swing states -- especially those outside the eastern time zone, but really in all swing states -- will make a point of reminding potentially "depressable" GOP voters of that fact. And, while you're at it, make sure said voters are prepared for the possibility that among those states where one candidate has a relatively small lead, the networks may be more likely to make early calls for Obama than for Romney. Don't forget the voters in the Florida panhandle who chose not to bother during the last hour of voting in 2000 ...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 10 hours ago