Buckley changed his views on racial segregation, but you raise a point: the "states rights"argument was used at the time to justify opposing federal intervention against a racist system in the south that was overwhelmingly oppressive against disenfranchised black people in these states.
In the name of shared sacrifice, it’s time to impose a tax on the $7 billion in box office receipts that Hollywood generates.
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 32 mins ago
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Everything has changed after the execution of James Foley by ISIS Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago