Buckley changed his views on racial segregation, but you raise a point: the "states rights"argument was used at the time to justify opposing federal intervention against a racist system in the south that was overwhelmingly oppressive against disenfranchised black people in these states.
In the name of shared sacrifice, it’s time to impose a tax on the $7 billion in box office receipts that Hollywood generates.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Oh, good: Obama to announce more faux stimulus with $600 million for job training Erika Johnsen 18 minutes ago
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 59 minutes ago
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Kansas Dems reportedly trying to recruit … Kathleen Sebelius for Senate Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Lerner, DoJ discussed criminal prosecution of tax-exempt applicants Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago