I don't care much what celebrities have to say about politics. But in this case, one point to consider is that the people most disappointed are the very liberal, who expected Obama to bring dramatic change to our society. In reality, Obama is more of a centrist, and a pragmatist, and that is why he has been a disappointment to some of the liberal true believers.
Remember 2008, when Hollywood just couldn't get enough of Barack Obama? In one of those small but revealing signs, let's just say that after four years of "hope and change," the entertainment community's enthusiasm for Obama has become somewhat, ahem, muted. Exhibit A is, of course, Oprah Winfrey.
But likewise, Barbra Streisand won't sing at his LA fundraiser. And Jessica Alba -- whose support in 2008 was so rabid that
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 4 hours ago