Is Thinking Obsolete?

Steven F Wrote: May 01, 2013 7:12 PM
Making change without a computer. Every now and then I confuse the H*** out of a cashier by telling them how much change I will get before they ring up the ONE item I am buying. It is amusing to see the reaction when I am right.

The Art of the Impossible

Steven F Wrote: Apr 30, 2013 6:12 PM
I will grant that rationing is unavoidable. I just prefer rationing on the basis of PAYMENT. This both encourages more supply and causes INDIVIDUALS to determine how much care is worth the cost to themselves. YOUR system of government means someone else decides for me. In addition, it DOES NOT reduce cost, and least not without decreasing QUALITY even more. Capitalism always increases VALUE for the price.

The Art of the Impossible

Steven F Wrote: Apr 30, 2013 6:07 PM
I thought is was 10 miles square, which would be 100 square miles. That said, I agree with the sentiment.

A Post-Post Office World

Steven F Wrote: Apr 17, 2013 7:45 PM
But it's not. The Constitution says, "Congress shall have the Power To ... establish Post Offices." But it doesn't have to use that power. I'm glad to see someone else say this. I have been making the same statement in comments to articles about the post office every chance I get.
I believe atheists are wrong, but they are not all morons. The only actual atheist I have ever actually heard discuss the subject is Penn Gillette. I don't accept his conclusions, but he is anything but a moron.
The LAST thing they need is sensitivity training. The ENTIRE purpose of such training is to CREATE intolerance.
Don't waste time replying to spam. We all know its spam. Just click 'Flag as Offensive' and ignore.
Ask the reverse question. If it is only 3.9% of all gun sales, why are the ANTI-gun people working so hard to pass it? Answer, the bill has NOTHING to do with what they claim. The so called loophole is a FLAT OUT LIE used to hide the actual intent of the bill.

'Proportional' Response

Steven F Wrote: Apr 09, 2013 6:23 PM
I disagree on on point. There is ONE way to win a war. Rendering the enemy INCAPABLE of continuing. Wearing them down only temporarily ends active combat, it is NOT a victory.

'Proportional' Response

Steven F Wrote: Apr 09, 2013 6:20 PM
Back before the clever new notion of "proportional" response became the vogue, our response to Pearl Harbor was ultimately Hiroshima and Nagasaki. That sounds proportional to me. You kill 1of us and we turn 1 million of you to glass is a proportion EVERYONE understands.
Don't waste time telling us the obvious. Just flag and ignore.