I remember sitting at the dinner table with my parents at 8 years old. During that season, the “no elbows on the table” rule was in full force. In addition, my mother constantly chided me for using slang as opposed to proper English. Those 3-4 years seemed like hell on earth, Nonetheless, years later, I could trace my success in school to my family dinner table and a few great teachers. My parents always said, “For a black man to do half as well, he must be twice as good!” For them, education was almost a “sacred privilege” which had been...
"Maybe it’s time to stop looking for “fresh” solution, and directing more folks to the old solution that is actually working." But...if a readily available solution that works becomes the accepted norm, how will the Eminent Sociologists and Esteemed Professors justify funding for their Eternal Search for the Ultimate Root Cause? Not to mention the ruin that would befall the criminal trial lawyers and social activists.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 5 hours ago