I remember sitting at the dinner table with my parents at 8 years old. During that season, the “no elbows on the table” rule was in full force. In addition, my mother constantly chided me for using slang as opposed to proper English. Those 3-4 years seemed like hell on earth, Nonetheless, years later, I could trace my success in school to my family dinner table and a few great teachers. My parents always said, “For a black man to do half as well, he must be twice as good!” For them, education was almost a “sacred privilege” which had been...
"Maybe it’s time to stop looking for “fresh” solution, and directing more folks to the old solution that is actually working." But...if a readily available solution that works becomes the accepted norm, how will the Eminent Sociologists and Esteemed Professors justify funding for their Eternal Search for the Ultimate Root Cause? Not to mention the ruin that would befall the criminal trial lawyers and social activists.
- Vikings retreat on Peterson after sponsors, media erupt Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- LA Senate poll: Landrieu stuck in the mid-40′s, undecideds strongly disapprove of Obama Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 3 hours ago