I remember sitting at the dinner table with my parents at 8 years old. During that season, the “no elbows on the table” rule was in full force. In addition, my mother constantly chided me for using slang as opposed to proper English. Those 3-4 years seemed like hell on earth, Nonetheless, years later, I could trace my success in school to my family dinner table and a few great teachers. My parents always said, “For a black man to do half as well, he must be twice as good!” For them, education was almost a “sacred privilege” which had been...
"Maybe it’s time to stop looking for “fresh” solution, and directing more folks to the old solution that is actually working." But...if a readily available solution that works becomes the accepted norm, how will the Eminent Sociologists and Esteemed Professors justify funding for their Eternal Search for the Ultimate Root Cause? Not to mention the ruin that would befall the criminal trial lawyers and social activists.
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 19 minutes ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 39 minutes ago
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago