I remember sitting at the dinner table with my parents at 8 years old. During that season, the “no elbows on the table” rule was in full force. In addition, my mother constantly chided me for using slang as opposed to proper English. Those 3-4 years seemed like hell on earth, Nonetheless, years later, I could trace my success in school to my family dinner table and a few great teachers. My parents always said, “For a black man to do half as well, he must be twice as good!” For them, education was almost a “sacred privilege” which had been...
"Maybe it’s time to stop looking for “fresh” solution, and directing more folks to the old solution that is actually working." But...if a readily available solution that works becomes the accepted norm, how will the Eminent Sociologists and Esteemed Professors justify funding for their Eternal Search for the Ultimate Root Cause? Not to mention the ruin that would befall the criminal trial lawyers and social activists.
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 4 hours ago