Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
I do not take this to mean that any arrested development case with a couple of hundred bucks and an itchy trigger finger should be allowed to carry, or even own, a gun. I do believe it is the duty, right and privilege of every responsible citizen who knows and obeys the law to be prepared and able to defend that law. No responsible gun owner would use his gun to arrest his neighbor for double parking. On the other hand, such a gun owner should never have reason to hesitate to use that gun to interrupt or stop a robbery, mugging, rape, or other violent crime in progress. The militia is always present, even when a professional policeman is nowhere to be found.
- Russia: We may move into eastern Ukraine to protect ethnic Russians there too Ed Morrissey 48 minutes ago
- Has DoJ blocked a corruption probe into Reid, Lee? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- House Dems whipping against ObamaCare fix Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago