Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
I do not take this to mean that any arrested development case with a couple of hundred bucks and an itchy trigger finger should be allowed to carry, or even own, a gun. I do believe it is the duty, right and privilege of every responsible citizen who knows and obeys the law to be prepared and able to defend that law. No responsible gun owner would use his gun to arrest his neighbor for double parking. On the other hand, such a gun owner should never have reason to hesitate to use that gun to interrupt or stop a robbery, mugging, rape, or other violent crime in progress. The militia is always present, even when a professional policeman is nowhere to be found.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014