Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
Ick. Still awkward, what with that second comma and all. But wait! We can rephrase into modern language to say "A well-regulated Militia (defined as or established by) the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed." Ladies and gentlemen, if we keep and bear arms, and know how and when to use those arms, we are the militia. As such, we are responsible, individually and collectively, for the security of the Free State in which we live. Actually, as a homeland defense force, that makes a lot more sense than hiring a bunch of unemployables to push everybody else around. And of course, if you wish not to be responsible, and neither keep nor bear arms, that is your choice. This is supposed to be a free country, after all.
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 11 minutes ago
- Flight 370 dropped to 5,000 feet to evade radar Ed Morrissey 50 minutes ago
- Crimea declares independence, applies for Russian reunion Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago