It is puzzling that so many minorities voted for Barack Obama over Mitt Romney considering how disproportionately they have suffered economically during Obama's presidency. Black unemployment under Obama increased at a higher pace than whites, from 12.7% to 14.1%, ending at almost twice the unemployment rate of whites. Now, one out of every seven blacks is unemployed. White unemployment barely increased under Obama, from 7.1% to 7.4%.
In response to:
The blacks vote Dem because the GOP has written them off. Why should they vote for a party that doesn't care enough about them to take its case to them. The GOP does almost ZERO campaigning in black communities. The GOP runs no ads on Black Entertainment Television or on radio stations with predominantly black audiences. For at least 15 years, the GOP has had a strategy of cobbling together narrow Electoral College majorities by starting with its base of Red States, and then winning narrowly in some swing states by turning out its white married Christian base. The only time a Republican candidate for President campaigns with a black audience is the single obligatory speech before the NAACP, and that's all.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014