It is puzzling that so many minorities voted for Barack Obama over Mitt Romney considering how disproportionately they have suffered economically during Obama's presidency. Black unemployment under Obama increased at a higher pace than whites, from 12.7% to 14.1%, ending at almost twice the unemployment rate of whites. Now, one out of every seven blacks is unemployed. White unemployment barely increased under Obama, from 7.1% to 7.4%.
In response to:
The blacks vote Dem because the GOP has written them off. Why should they vote for a party that doesn't care enough about them to take its case to them. The GOP does almost ZERO campaigning in black communities. The GOP runs no ads on Black Entertainment Television or on radio stations with predominantly black audiences. For at least 15 years, the GOP has had a strategy of cobbling together narrow Electoral College majorities by starting with its base of Red States, and then winning narrowly in some swing states by turning out its white married Christian base. The only time a Republican candidate for President campaigns with a black audience is the single obligatory speech before the NAACP, and that's all.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough: Glenn Beck is following Jesus’s playbook in providing humanitarian aid to young illegals Allahpundit 7 hours ago