In the first paragraphs I expected the focus of Dr. Williams' commentary to shift to the unions' denial of outside help unless all those out of state workers joined the unions.
Here's a which-is-better question for you. Suppose a New Jersey motel room rented for $125 a night prior to Hurricane Sandy's devastation. When the hurricane hits, a husband, wife and their two youngsters might seek the comfort of renting two adjoining rooms. However, when they arrive at the motel, they find that rooms now rent for $250. At that price, they might decide to make do with one room. In my book, that would be wonderful. That decision would make a room available for another family who had to evacuate Sandy's wrath. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and others condemn this...
- Video: Hot Air interview with Marco Rubio on border crisis, Hobby Lobby Ed Morrissey 56 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago