I can't deny that the liberals I know inevitably display deep pscyhological and social troubles. The normal, sincere few who pop up in lonely defense when the mass of their further-left peers gets called out for misbehaviour, to plead for civility and offer the dialogue typically denied to us, I rarely see otherwise. The "cult-like" bias of their information network is a matter of record, and just won an election. Disorder and liberalism are hard for me not to correlate. Still, personality flaws gravitate toward both extremes, and are secondary to the policy claims that big-statism and para-moral secularism actually hollow out and uglify a society. Even a genius can support Socialist tyranny; even a fool can defend conservative freedom.
Liberalism is like a restaurant with ugly decor, terrible food, overflowing toilets and roaches scurrying across the floor -- that stays packed every night. Sure, liberals may be sanctimonious, mean spirited and advocate policies that don't work, but you can't help but admire the excellence of their public relations network. They can laud themselves for courage because they take a stand everyone they know agrees with, pat themselves on the back for their compassion as they maliciously insult someone that disagrees with them and congratulate themselves for their charitable behavior as they give other people's money away. Liberal mythology is one...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 9 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 11 hours ago