While Obama's blatant falsehood in comparing himself to Reagan is despicable to put it kindly, I think it's time for conservatives to stop worshiping at the alter of Reagan. Reagan was a great President. Possibly the greatest man this country has known, but he was a man nonetheless, and as a man, he made mistakes. The GOP is looking for the lesser of 4 evils right now, and if Reagan were up there today, the search would be for the lesser of 5. Test which GOP candidate savors the least of evil/corruption, and pledge your support, no matter their media image or "electability". I know who I'm pulling for... Ron Paul 2012.
In President Obama’s latest class-war, tax-the-rich gambit, he has stooped to a new low with misleading and out-of-context quotes from Ronald Reagan. Apparently, the president is now trying to use the Gipper for cover while he attacks Mitt Romney with the so-called Buffett Rule.
In an address this past week, Obama cited a couple of Reagan speeches from June 1985, in which the former president quoted a letter from a wealthy executive who grumbled that he paid less in taxes than secretaries or bus drivers. Obviously, Obama was trying to draw a parallel with Warren Buffett’s complaint that his...
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago