While Obama's blatant falsehood in comparing himself to Reagan is despicable to put it kindly, I think it's time for conservatives to stop worshiping at the alter of Reagan. Reagan was a great President. Possibly the greatest man this country has known, but he was a man nonetheless, and as a man, he made mistakes. The GOP is looking for the lesser of 4 evils right now, and if Reagan were up there today, the search would be for the lesser of 5. Test which GOP candidate savors the least of evil/corruption, and pledge your support, no matter their media image or "electability". I know who I'm pulling for... Ron Paul 2012.
In President Obama’s latest class-war, tax-the-rich gambit, he has stooped to a new low with misleading and out-of-context quotes from Ronald Reagan. Apparently, the president is now trying to use the Gipper for cover while he attacks Mitt Romney with the so-called Buffett Rule.
In an address this past week, Obama cited a couple of Reagan speeches from June 1985, in which the former president quoted a letter from a wealthy executive who grumbled that he paid less in taxes than secretaries or bus drivers. Obviously, Obama was trying to draw a parallel with Warren Buffett’s complaint that his...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 5 hours ago