While Obama's blatant falsehood in comparing himself to Reagan is despicable to put it kindly, I think it's time for conservatives to stop worshiping at the alter of Reagan. Reagan was a great President. Possibly the greatest man this country has known, but he was a man nonetheless, and as a man, he made mistakes. The GOP is looking for the lesser of 4 evils right now, and if Reagan were up there today, the search would be for the lesser of 5. Test which GOP candidate savors the least of evil/corruption, and pledge your support, no matter their media image or "electability". I know who I'm pulling for... Ron Paul 2012.
In President Obama’s latest class-war, tax-the-rich gambit, he has stooped to a new low with misleading and out-of-context quotes from Ronald Reagan. Apparently, the president is now trying to use the Gipper for cover while he attacks Mitt Romney with the so-called Buffett Rule.
In an address this past week, Obama cited a couple of Reagan speeches from June 1985, in which the former president quoted a letter from a wealthy executive who grumbled that he paid less in taxes than secretaries or bus drivers. Obviously, Obama was trying to draw a parallel with Warren Buffett’s complaint that his...
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Gallup poll shows Tea Party supporters the most motivated to vote Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- Red line? ISIS used chemical weapons against Iraqi army Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Rise of Ebola and terrorism a perfect storm for the GOP? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Report: Ebola cases starting to drop in Liberia Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Not exactly self-isolation: Ebola patient’s itinerary prompts questions about protocols Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Does Georgia vote Democratic in 2014? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago