Charge Pot Use Off to Obamacare and You

Steve84 Wrote: Apr 10, 2013 9:54 PM
"And what's wrong with that world is that of the two weeds, tobacco and dope, only one is still illegal." I don't quite understand this conclusion, Mr. Ransom. Are you saying that Tobacco should be illegal, or that the problem is that dope is illegal at the Federal level? As you are decrying weed in this particular article, I would think the former, but I don't see how making Tobacco illegal is going to help the national mood (that, and it would set a terrible precedent for Government control).

Another Reason Ezra Klein is an Idiot

Steve84 Wrote: Feb 26, 2013 1:27 PM
I remember my inflation meter was candy bars at the grocery check-out. When I was a kid, I'd go shopping with my mom, and she'd reward me by letting me buy a bit of candy (3 bars for 99 cents when on sale). It was regularly priced at 54 cents/bar, which was just too expensive. Now a "sale" on the same bar of candy is "Buy 2 Get 1 Free!" at 89 cents a pop. Candy has just about doubled in price (and "Fun Size" Milky Ways are noticeably smaller). Even kids can understand inflation!
With any luck the GOP will die off and be replaced by the Libertarian movement (or maybe Rand Paul can run). The GOP since the neo-cons has been every bit as big-government as the Democrats. They had Ron Paul, Herman Cain, Rick Perry, and Rick Santorum (to name a few), and they went with the most moderate one they could find.

Obama is Tanking, And The Voters Know it

Steve84 Wrote: Aug 08, 2012 6:11 AM
...And could you cite those swing state polls please? 'Till then, I'll stick with ABC/Washington Post, and CBS/New York Times, all 4 of which are generally liberal groups.

A Second Look at Our Government Overlords

Steve84 Wrote: Jun 14, 2012 3:44 PM
The Government does not control oil prices. They control inflation, however. When the Federal Reserve prints vast amounts of money (which the Government authorizes, even requests), it causes the dollar to become less valuable, hence high prices everywhere - we just feel it more at the pump, 'cause it's a price we pay attention to.
At the very least, he's anti-business, according to the head of the Black Chamber of Commerce, who is himself a Democrat.
That is of course assuming, Mr. Ransom, that people even read the tape. With the mainstream media behind him, ever willing to bend the debates, spin the quotes, and sniff out distractions and straw men, Obama may very well win, due to the sheer stupidity of the easily-duped masses. Though I certainly hope we get Romney in office, and that Ron Paul's efforts will help produce a more liberty-minded GOP

Real Racism

Steve84 Wrote: Apr 15, 2012 3:16 PM
This was a well written article. Cogent, forceful, and full of good diction and grammar. Well played, Mr. Hunter; I always love your work.

Obama's Misleading Reagan Reference

Steve84 Wrote: Apr 14, 2012 9:26 AM
Sorry, I forgot that Santorum suspended his campaign. Make that the lesser of 3 evils now, and 4 if Reagan were up there today.

Obama's Misleading Reagan Reference

Steve84 Wrote: Apr 14, 2012 9:24 AM
While Obama's blatant falsehood in comparing himself to Reagan is despicable to put it kindly, I think it's time for conservatives to stop worshiping at the alter of Reagan. Reagan was a great President. Possibly the greatest man this country has known, but he was a man nonetheless, and as a man, he made mistakes. The GOP is looking for the lesser of 4 evils right now, and if Reagan were up there today, the search would be for the lesser of 5. Test which GOP candidate savors the least of evil/corruption, and pledge your support, no matter their media image or "electability". I know who I'm pulling for... Ron Paul 2012.