The cost of preparing your taxes could go up this year thanks to new IRS regulations.
Nearly 350,000 independent tax preparers and millions of American taxpayers will be affected by the agency's new unlawful licensing scheme. In addition to paying a yearly registration fee, tax preparers are now required to pass a competency exam, complete an unending string of continuing education courses, and could be subject to mandatory fingerprinting.
Enforcement of these new requirements is expected to cost upward of $354 million.
- NBC: Isn’t it great to have a multi-billionaire pour money into politics? Ed Morrissey 19 minutes ago
- American super-patriot to Putin: Russia doesn’t conduct mass surveillance like the U.S. does, right? Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Fox poll: 61% thinks Obama lies on important matters Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago