Evidence in Europe is mounting that decriminalizing marijuana has detrimental effects on the health of individuals, the health of society and the health of the healthcare system. And while many studies have concentrated on the benefits of decriminalization in terms of unburdening the court system, few studies have looked at the cost to the healthcare system.
That’s changed with the completion of a study that looked at drug use and hospital admissions in an area of London where marijuana use was decriminalized.
“Now a paper presented to the Royal Economic Society’s annual conference in London,” writes the
- Did Cuomo obstruct his own anti-corruption crusade? Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Planned Parenthood teen sex education: You could get tied to a tree … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Paul Ryan, 2016? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 4 hours ago