Evidence in Europe is mounting that decriminalizing marijuana has detrimental effects on the health of individuals, the health of society and the health of the healthcare system. And while many studies have concentrated on the benefits of decriminalization in terms of unburdening the court system, few studies have looked at the cost to the healthcare system.
That’s changed with the completion of a study that looked at drug use and hospital admissions in an area of London where marijuana use was decriminalized.
“Now a paper presented to the Royal Economic Society’s annual conference in London,” writes the
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago