My Apology to Mormon Readers

Steve2119 Wrote: Jun 11, 2013 1:54 PM
Rich, I work with a 4th generation mormon. One thing he told me was that there is a wide spectrum of belief in mormonism. For example, he said there are things that him and his dad disagree on, doctrinally speaking. So, to nail thigs down might be chasing of the wind.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Steve2119 Wrote: Jun 11, 2013 1:51 PM
It sayd God "knew" him, how? The remainder of the verse defines how. God knew him in that he had a plan ("i sanctified...I ordained")...God foreknew Jeremiah and his life before Jeremiah was born. Als, when did God "make" Jeremiah?, The text says in the womb. The text does not say God made Jeremiah outside of the womb and then plugged him into the body.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Steve2119 Wrote: Jun 11, 2013 1:42 PM
Dear teeoh, Your statement "To deny that a people are Christian without considering if they believe in the divinity of Christ is short-sighted" is misleading. Mormon teaching has a "different" divinity of Jesus in mind than historic Christianity. Mormon divinity for Jesus consists "partly" in him being the spirit "brother" (of like substance) of Lucifer meanwhile historic Christianity has the pre-existent Jesus being, God the Word (Jn.1:1), the One who made all the angels (Heb. 1 and 2)

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Steve2119 Wrote: Jun 10, 2013 7:08 AM
Adams' doesn't hate Mormons. He just brought up the historical facts about Joseph Smith. Please go to Utah Lighthouse Minitries for the original Mormon documents,.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Steve2119 Wrote: Jun 08, 2013 9:41 PM
Thank you predecessor!!! BINGO!

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Steve2119 Wrote: Jun 08, 2013 9:40 PM
I keep posting because Mormons keep confusing the issue as I stated above. Please read the Gospel of John...etc.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Steve2119 Wrote: Jun 08, 2013 9:38 PM
Richarddg: I think the issue here is that you don't understand that salvation by faith alone. This means that we are adopted into the family of God by Faith alone. That adoption using the instrument of faith alone includes forgiveness of sins and eternal life. Titus 2:11-14 states that those who have received God's grace will have good works following their faith. This faith then is a real faith which produces good works just like a live fruit tree produces fruit. If it doesn't then it doesn't have life and by definition not a fruit tree...just a piece of wood. We can't confuse that distnction otherwise we get into a false Gospel and false way of following Christ as Paul states in the book of Galatians..." You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? 3 Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? (Gal 3:1-3 NIVO)" Amen

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Steve2119 Wrote: Jun 08, 2013 9:31 PM
hat does not mean it is given to those who don't attempt to obey the commandments??? This contradicts the Book of Galatians again. Please read the book of Galatians. Thus, Mormons do "earn" their salvation contra the over whelming Scriptures cited. "Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles discussed the effects of grace and how grace is an important doctrine for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: And what is ‘all we can do’? It surely includes repentance (see Alma 24:11) and baptism, keeping the commandments, and enduring to the end." This contradicts what Paul taught in Roman and Galatians, the Book of Acts, Eph 2:8-9 and the Gospel of John. From these refernces Faith alone grants eternal life but the person who really has faith has good works coming from that faith. That is the Gospel. Mormonism doesn't teach that...

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Steve2119 Wrote: Jun 08, 2013 9:21 PM
Richarddg: "doesn't mean God just hands it out willy nilly. He gives it to those whose lives show they are prepared to receive it."??? One, you are not dealing with what I wrote. You are ignoring it. Secondly, Please read the Gospel of John. You flatly contradict it. Faith alone over 80X grants eternally life. All of the salvation accounts show God's grants forgiveness of sins thus eternally life by faith alone. You can try and reason around those very clear Scriptures but they still stand. The book of Galatians condemns you for preaching a Gospel that adds works to grace. Please read the Book of Galatians. I have already said this numerous times but you mormons just talk around the issues and obfuscate the simple message of the Gospel of John..."31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. (Joh 20:31 NIVO)". You contradist this. Please deal with the majority of the evidence I tell you.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Steve2119 Wrote: Jun 08, 2013 8:12 PM
Please note that I understand that 2Nephi says salvation comes to us via GRACE PLUS WORKS. Works specifically that have been done with the utterly COMPLETE EFFORT ("after ALL YOU CAN DO") of the individual. This contradicts the definition of grace...a gift freely given...plus all the Biblical references I stated below

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Steve2119 Wrote: Jun 08, 2013 8:01 PM
Additionally, Full salvation is attained by virtue of knowledge, truth, righteousness, and all true principles.Many conditions must exist in order to make such salvation available to men. Without the atonement, the gospel, the priesthood, and the sealing power, there would be no salvation. Without continuous revelation, the ministering of angels, the working of miracles, the prevalence of gifts of the spirit, there would be no salvation. If it had not been for Joseph Smith and the restoration,there would be no salvation. There is no salvation outside The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. (Doctrines of Salvation, vol. 2, pp. 1-350.). Thus, grace and works are intertwined in Mormon theology for eternal like.