Instead, Democrats in the Senate think the biggest item of business is the Buffett Rule, which could come up for a vote as soon as today. The Senate's bill is sponsored by Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) and, as much discussed, would hit multimillionaires with a minimum 30% income tax rate....
I've been saying that for years.
Congress comes back today after a two week recess to a whole host of business on taxes. A whole host of expiring policies is leading to what many are calling "taxmageddon" at the end of the year, so politicians have a big problem on their hands to fix.
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 18 mins ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 57 mins ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago