"Parents and guardians frantically sought last-minute child care, pleaded with their bosses for leniency, and hoped that their kids would return to school sooner rather than later," reported the Chicago...
Why do teachers even need a union? So they don't fall into a meat grinder? To make sure the coal mine has safe working conditions? How about an 8 hour workday? Oh that's right, on top of everything else, the Chicago Teachers also have one of the shortest workdays among teachers nation wide. They are also striking against a longer day that would bring them closer to the national average
The true long-term impact of the Chicago teachers strike may be not be known for some time. But there is no mystery about its impact in the immediate term -- anxiety, panic, and disruption for myriad mothers and fathers left in the lurch when 30,000 members of the Chicago Teachers Union walked away from their classrooms last week just as a new school year was getting underway.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 14 hours ago