CHARLOTTE, NC - Day one of the Democratic National Convention was a tale of two events. Throughout the early evening session -- prior to the major primetime hour -- the proceedings featured angry attacks on Mitt Romney and Republicans, an unshakeable fixation on trivial, minor issues (other than jobs and the economy), and a disquieting, heavy emphasis on abortion and divisive social issues. Especially unpleasant were the patriotism-questioning shout-fest from former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland ("If Mitt Romney were Santa, he'd fire the Reindeer and outsource the elves!") and the pro-abortion screed from the president of NARAL, a hardcore pro-abortion...
In response to:
Stolen lines from Slick Willy.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago