CHARLOTTE, NC - Day one of the Democratic National Convention was a tale of two events. Throughout the early evening session -- prior to the major primetime hour -- the proceedings featured angry attacks on Mitt Romney and Republicans, an unshakeable fixation on trivial, minor issues (other than jobs and the economy), and a disquieting, heavy emphasis on abortion and divisive social issues. Especially unpleasant were the patriotism-questioning shout-fest from former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland ("If Mitt Romney were Santa, he'd fire the Reindeer and outsource the elves!") and the pro-abortion screed from the president of NARAL, a hardcore pro-abortion...
In response to:
Stolen lines from Slick Willy.
- Wendy Davis: Would Greg Abbott, who, by the way, is in an interracial marriage, defend a ban on interracial marriage? Allahpundit 7 mins ago
- Painful Udall interview: “We can play this over, right? Let me re-tape this.” Guy Benson 47 mins ago
- Obama doesn’t want to serve on the Supreme Court, not that anyone asked Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- The dangers of turning Election Day into Election Month Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- The Pentagon is sugarcoating the situation in Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Attendees head for the exits as Obama speaks at campaign rally for Maryland Democrat Allahpundit 3 hours ago