CHARLOTTE, NC - Day one of the Democratic National Convention was a tale of two events. Throughout the early evening session -- prior to the major primetime hour -- the proceedings featured angry attacks on Mitt Romney and Republicans, an unshakeable fixation on trivial, minor issues (other than jobs and the economy), and a disquieting, heavy emphasis on abortion and divisive social issues. Especially unpleasant were the patriotism-questioning shout-fest from former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland ("If Mitt Romney were Santa, he'd fire the Reindeer and outsource the elves!") and the pro-abortion screed from the president of NARAL, a hardcore pro-abortion...
In response to:
Stolen lines from Slick Willy.
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 51 mins ago
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago