Within the next few months, Justice Anthony Kennedy will likely rule that same-sex marriage is mandated by the Constitution of the United States. The ruling will offend both common sense and Constitutional law. But it will nonetheless become the law of the land. With it, states will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages; same-sex marriage will enter the public school lexicon; religious institutions will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages or lose their tax-exempt status. Religious Americans will be forced into violating their beliefs or facing legal consequences by the government. The First Amendment's guarantee of religious liberty will largely become...
In response to:
Ben Shapiro wrote: "Conservatism has always been about preventing the power of government from invading the lives of citizens." Often thinkers, even gifted thinkers like Shapiro do not think their ideals to their logical conclusion. They ape proverbs like, conservatives want government "out of our lives. That is the essence of conservatism." A father is molesting his minor daughter in the privacy of his own bedroom. Shapiro? "Conservatism has always been about preventing the power of government from invading the lives of citizens."
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria; Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago