President Bush 41 epitomized these betrayals when he broke his "read my lips, no new taxes" pledge. He paid the price when he quickly went from high approval ratings as president to someone defeated for reelection by a...
I've got dissent slightly from Professor Sowell's thesis. I voted for George W. Bush in 2000. Like Brent Bozell said last week, "Roberts is a traitor to his philosophy" but so was former President George W. Bush who appointed Roberts. Bush's nomination of John Roberts is not definitive but it, among many other things, is indicative of Bush's betrayal of conservative principles. There is but one way to assure the election and the re-election of Barack Hussein Obamas; traitors to conservative principles.
Betrayal is hard to take, whether in our personal lives or in the political life of the nation. Yet there are people in Washington -- too often, Republicans -- who start living in the Beltway atmosphere, and start forgetting those hundreds of millions of Americans beyond the Beltway who trusted them to do right by them, to use their wisdom instead of their cleverness.
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago