Espiritus offered a unique perspective: “The Black, Youth and Latino ‘vote’ is being used [by the Chinese] for the outcome [of the] 2012 election. . . . Under Komrad Obama, America’s military will be emasculated,...
That does not mean that INDIVIDUALS cannot have standards that they want to uphold in their candidates - just that there cannot be an OFFICIAL qualification one must pass in order to become a candidate. Progressives and atheists are trying to make a "religious test" that no religious person can be qualified for a public position (see Shawn Mitchell' 11/26/12 column - http://townhall.com/columnists/shawnmitchell/2012/11/26/lefts_newest_inquisition_deny_your_god_or_be_deemed_unfit). The furor over Richard Mourdock's religiously orthodox statements about rape and God's will is a case-in-point. The Left will only accept religious values that support liberal positions. All others are "crazy","fanatic" and "extreme".
My open letter to my black Christian friends, written out of respect and solidarity, generated an extremely high number of email responses. They ranged from commendation to condemnation, with one email informing me that neither “you nor I are going to alter prophecy, these things are foretold, we have to pray now GOD will get us out of here before masses get destroyed!”
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 39 minutes ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 59 minutes ago
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago