In May, Rev. Billy Graham took out full page ads in North Carolina newspapers stating in part, “The Bible is clear — God’s definition of marriage is between a man and a woman. I want to...
Evolutionists tell us that social and cultural institutions "evolved" in order to promote the success of our species and its continued existence. Those institutions included religion, cultural norms, sexual taboos, manners, and other behaviors that support restraint of our "animal nature". If that is the case and many of our mores have continued with some variation for thousands of years, then what should we say bout those who seek to remove these social institutions and behavior norms? Aren't they logically committing an anti-evolutionary act? Aren't they reducing the ability of our species to survive - or to evolve higher? Aren't they supporting devolutionary behavior? Who's right? Social "progressives" or evolutionists?
In comments made before the presidential debate this past Tuesday, Chris Matthews claimed that Gov. Romney’s position on abortion was “almost like Sharia,” stating, “You’re saying to the country, we’re going to operate under a religious theory, under a religious belief.” In doing so, Matthews repeated the common leftwing libel that conservative moral principles with a basis in religious beliefs are equivalent to radical Islam.
- Open thread: Semi-retired President to issue daily communique at 12:45 ET (pledged) Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- World Jewish Congress president asks, “Who will stand up for the Christians?” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Police sources to NYT: Witnesses, forensics prove Wilson sustained an injury during his confrontation with Michael Brown Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago