In May, Rev. Billy Graham took out full page ads in North Carolina newspapers stating in part, “The Bible is clear — God’s definition of marriage is between a man and a woman. I want to...
Evolutionists tell us that social and cultural institutions "evolved" in order to promote the success of our species and its continued existence. Those institutions included religion, cultural norms, sexual taboos, manners, and other behaviors that support restraint of our "animal nature". If that is the case and many of our mores have continued with some variation for thousands of years, then what should we say bout those who seek to remove these social institutions and behavior norms? Aren't they logically committing an anti-evolutionary act? Aren't they reducing the ability of our species to survive - or to evolve higher? Aren't they supporting devolutionary behavior? Who's right? Social "progressives" or evolutionists?
In comments made before the presidential debate this past Tuesday, Chris Matthews claimed that Gov. Romney’s position on abortion was “almost like Sharia,” stating, “You’re saying to the country, we’re going to operate under a religious theory, under a religious belief.” In doing so, Matthews repeated the common leftwing libel that conservative moral principles with a basis in religious beliefs are equivalent to radical Islam.
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 16 mins ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 57 mins ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago