The idea that men are ineligible to speak out on abortion has at least six flaws, each of which should be understood and articulated by men who desire to speak on the issue. Those argumentative flaws follow in no particular order of importance:...
Actually, she states that 16% were adopted. She does not include statistics on the other 84%. What percentage of them were raised by a single parent? How many had divorced parents? How many had multiply divorced parents? How any were abused by non-married partners? How many were abused by adoptive parents? Child development is a complicated thing and not easily dissected. Separation from a parent - through death, divorce, or adoption all induce trauma that can take many years to be be known. It took me nearly 30 years to figure out what effects my parents divorce had on me and how that have crippled me in some areas. All this reinforces the importance of a stable, loving, two-parent household for raising children.
Recently, a student asked me whether I had a right to speak out on abortion given that I am a man and could never experience pregnancy. I countered by asking him whether arguments have testicles. The question drew laughter from other students who were listening to the exchange. But my point was serious and worth addressing at length.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 7 hours ago